Sanity is Overrated

free hit counter javascript
View My Stats

25 November 2010

Thanksgiving

So here I am again. Quite a bit has been going on here lately, quite a bit of which annoys the living crap out of me, but I choose not to vent about that today. (Maybe tomorrow, I won't be in the same frame of mind then, and it might irritate me again).

But it is Thanksgiving day. I Just took a look at my Facebook page, and realized that more people posted "Happy Turkey Day" than "Happy Thanksgiving." This reminded me that too much of the world has lost track of what these things are supposed to mean, and I felt like I should remind people.

Today is not about eating a bunch of turkey, passing out, and then waking up in time to watch the football game. It is not about getting in as much sleep as possible so you can hit the sales at the crack of dawn. And it is not about whining and complaining about how miserable your life is, either.

Today is about being grateful for what you have. It is about spending time with family and friends and realizing that life could be a whole hell of a lot worse.

Everything in life is about choices, and the biggest one of all is how you react to what is in your life. You can choose to be completely miserable, or you can choose to be grateful for what life has given you to make you smile.

So here goes mine:
1. I am grateful for the friends I have in my life who love me for who I am and don't want to change me into something else to suit their needs.
2. I am grateful for the opportunities that I have had, and the fact that I have a chance to make the future even better.
3. I am grateful that I am still alive and sucking air, because the alternative would seriously suck.
4. I am grateful that I get to spend this day with ALL of my wonderful children all in the same place at the same time.
5. I am grateful for the chance to experience new things and actually LIVE my life.


Most of all, I am grateful for the wonderful man I have in my life who is truly my best friend and will walk with me through anything life throws at us. We are stubborn and don't give up easily. Also, I have three beautiful children who are my entire world and will always be my reason for trudging through the rough patches, just to get to the other side and spend it with them.

There may have been some crappy stuff that has come down the pike this week, but I choose to not dwell on that and enjoy what I have and accept that things just are the way they are.

Well there you go folks, a fresh dose of perspective from the perpetually gloomy and pessimistic fool you used to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
free hit counter javascript
View My Stats